Beauty & Health Benefits of Vitamin E
Vitamin E is an important nutrient that the body requires but is unable to produce on its own. Hence it has to depend on the food that is consumed and the supplements that are taken in. Vitamin E can be subdivided into two forms. These are: Tocopherols and Tocotrienols. Each comprises four isomers. The alpha Tocopherol isomer is the only type of isomer that the body can absorb.
Vitamin E requirements vary from person to person. The gender, age and the health condition of the person has to be taken into account. Another factor that has to be kept in mind is that if a person consumes food wherein the percentage of polyunsaturated fats is high, the need of vitamin E is also high for such persons. Women need a minimum of about 8 milligrams of the vitamin everyday while men should take in a minimum of 10 milligram of the same.
Beauty & Health Benefits of Vitamin E
There are several benefits of consuming vitamin E daily.
- Vitamin E is an absolute must in any beauty care regimen. This is lavishly used in creams and lotions. This vitamin helps to retain moisture and thus wards off dryness and chapping.
- One of the best benefits is the antioxidant property of the drug. Vitamin E is an antioxidant that helps in protecting the cells from the damaging effects of the free radicals. These radicals are the result of normal metabolism. Over exposure to certain factors like smoke of the cigarettes and ultraviolet rays can also lead to the formation of these free radicals. These attack the membranes of the cells and the DNA. It also has a harmful effect on the tissues. This ultimately leads to severe health issues including heart diseases and cancer. This is where the role of the vitamin comes in.
- This wonder vitamin prevents the cholesterol from being changed to plaque. This is one of the best Health Benefits of Vitamin E .The plaque makes the blood vessels thick and this in turn leads to a plethora of heart diseases. The Vitamin prevents the formation of plaque. It is reported that a regular intake of vitamin E reduces the chances of stroke in women who are in the postmenopausal stage.
- One of the Health Benefits of Vitamin E is that it has been proved to be helpful in preventing the occurrence of osteoarthritis. It is also useful in relieving pain caused by the same. The vitamin also facilitates easy mobility of the joints and prevents the formation of painful gouts.
- Cataracts are abnormal growths in the eyes that impair vision. People who took in vitamin E regularly had lower chances of developing the disease.
- Another of the Health Benefits of Vitamin E is that regular intake of Vitamin E improves the immune system of the body.
- Vitamin E also prevented the progression of the dreaded Alzheimer’s disease. This is one of the Health Benefits of Vitamin E that has been hailed highly by the medical fraternity.
- This vitamin is also known to help the athletes in performing to their optimum level.
- Foods Containing Vitamin E
Vitamin E can be obtained from a wide variety of foods. Soybean, corn, olive oil and sunflower oil are rich in Vitamin E. Adequate quantities of nuts, wheat germ can also be taken as these contain a lot of Vitamin E. A well balanced diet should also include a lot of green, leafy vegetables and fish as these contain good doses of Vitamin E.
Cleopatra is a trusted beauty, makeup, skin care, and wellness brand. A chain of salons, spas, and wellness centers – Cleopatra Chandigarh has to its credit varied prestigious awards for: Best makeup artists in chandigarh, best makeup artists in India (north), best salon in chandigarh, best bridal makeup artists in chandigarh, best spa in chandigarh, best hair stylist in chandigarh, best hair salon in chandigarh. Cleopatra luxury salon lounge is in Chandigarh. Besides Cleopatra salon chain has more salons ‘n’ spas in chandigarh, panchkula, mohali, zirakpur, kharar to provide you with the services of best makeup artist in panchkula, best makeup artist in mohali, best makeup artist in zirakpur, best makeup artist in kharar.
For any Make-up, Bridal Make-up, or other Beauty and Wellness related questions, please write to our international make-up artist and celebrity consultant, Richa Agarwal – firstname.lastname@example.org